Subscribe to our Newsletter
To get 20% off your first order
This website is operated by Latierra, trademark registered by Alpaca House Canada Inc. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Latierra. Latierra offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
1. The Vendor offers products for sale and its e-commerce business services on the Website exclusively to adult users of the Website (the “Users” or “you”) for personal use and not for resale. By accessing, browsing or using the Website and/or its services, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. The Vendor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate User accounts, discontinue services and to edit or cancel orders.
3. Your access to and use of the Website are based on the assumption that these General Terms and Conditions of Use have been read, understood and accepted by you. If you do not agree to all or part of these General Terms and Conditions of Use or any other Website policies, please do not access or use the Website.
4. Upon creation of your User account, you will create a password. You are solely responsible for any use of, or action taken under, your password on the Website. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password, and you hereby agree not to disclose your password to anyone. You accept full responsibility for all transactions and other activities placed or conducted through your account and agree to and hereby release the Vendor, any third party content providers and licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and other representatives, from any and all liability concerning such transactions and other activities. You agree to notify the Vendor immediately of any actual or suspected loss, theft or unauthorized use of your User account or password. The Vendor has no obligation to inquire as to the authority or propriety of any use of or action taken under your password and will not be responsible for any loss to you arising from any such use or action or from your failure to comply with this provision.
All content included on the Website, such as works, images, pictures, dialogues, music, sounds, videos, documents, drawings, figures, logos, menus, web pages, graphics, colors, schemes, tools, fonts, designs, diagrams, layouts, methods, processes, functions and software (collectively, the “Content”), is the exclusive property of the Vendor or its content suppliers and is protected by national and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not reproduce, publish, distribute, display, modify, create derivative work from, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, the Content without the prior express written consent of the Vendor, or its content suppliers, as the case may be, in each specific instance. The Vendor and its content suppliers shall have the exclusive right to authorize or prohibit in their sole discretion any reproduction, publication, distribution, display, modification, creation of derivative work from, or exploitation in any way of, in whole or in part, the Content. The Vendor and its content suppliers shall have the right, at any time, to claim the authorship of any Content posted on the Website and to object to any use, distortion or other modification of such Content. Any reproduction, publication, distribution, display, modification, creation of derivative work from, or exploitation in any way of, the Content expressly authorized in writing by the Vendor or its content suppliers shall be carried out by you for lawful purposes only and in compliance with all applicable laws.
All trademarks, logos, trade names, domain names and other distinctive signs used in connection with the Website or the products sold on the Website are registered trademarks of the Vendor or their respective owners. The Vendor and all other registered trademark owners have exclusive rights to use their respective trademarks. You are not granted any rights in or to the trademarks used on the Website, and you agree not to use such trademarks without the prior written authorization of the Vendor or the applicable trademark owners.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The categories of personal data that Latierra collects and processes when you browse or shop on the Website, are as follows:
5. We collect the personal data necessary to complete and execute your purchase on the Website such as given name and surname, email address, shipping address, billing address, telephone and payment details.
6. We collect your email address when you sign up to receive newsletters or other marketing or promotional emails regarding Latierra.
7. We process the personal data you provide us with when you contact our Customer Service to provide you with the assistance requested.
8. With your consent, we collect and use your personal data for marketing communications.
9. For the registration of your account, we collect your given name and surname, your email address, your password and your email preferences. If you are a registered user, we collect information about your access to the reserved area of the Website, including information on the date and time of such access. With your express consent, we may analyze your personal data to gather information regarding your interests and preferences with respect to our products and services, in order to present proposals and offers in line with your tastes.
10.We collect information about your browsing on the Website, such as the pages you visit and how you interact with them.
11. With your consent, we may collect certain information, such as IP address, type of browser, type of device, unique advertising identifiers and type of operating system used, through cookies and/or similar technologies (as described in Section 5 below).
12. We may receive information about you from third parties, which may include social media services (e.g., Instagram) of which you are a registered user. Latierra does not knowingly process minors’ personal data. If you access the Website and use services of Latierra, you declare that you are above the age of majority in your jurisdiction.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Latierra collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
13. Purchases. When you purchase a product on the Website, we ask you for the personal data necessary to finalize and confirm such purchase, such as payment and related anti-fraud checks, billing, shipping of the product and processing the return of such product, as applicable
14. Registration on the Website. We use certain personal data you provide us as part of the registration process to provide you with a registered account on the Website and the services offered to registered users
15. Provision of services offered on the Website. Latierra collects, in relation to each service and its characteristics, the personal data necessary for the provision of the applicable service requested by you
16. Customer Service requests. We collect and use the personal data you provide us when you send a request to our Customer Service, in order to process and respond to your request
17. Analysis and statistical surveys. We may use certain information about your use of the Website, mode of browsing and use of the related services, to conduct analyses and statistical surveys in order to improve our offering and our services
18. Transaction Communications. We use your personal data to send you to the email you provided us communications regarding orders you have placed on the Website (e.g., order confirmation, status updates, shipping and delivery notifications, etc.)
19. Marketing Communications. With your express consent, we may use the contact details you have provided to us, for purposes of sending you marketing communications on our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and on our offers and promotions. In addition, with your consent, we may use your contact details to conduct market research and surveys for customer satisfaction in order to improve our services and our relationship with our users
20. Personalized Services. With your consent, Latierra may personalize your experience on the Website, which may include showing you previews and offers in line with your interests, and Latierra may send you personalized marketing communications and personalized promotional offers. The personalization will be carried out by analyzing your previous purchases and other information described in the paragraph ‘What personal data do we collect?’. For more information on the personal data used for purposes of such personalization and on the related activities, please consult the paragraph ‘My Account’
If you wish to stop receiving further communications from Latierra or you would like to limit how to be contacted, you can opt-out of these communications at any time by clicking on the dedicated link “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of each communication, or accessing your account, or contacting Latierra by contacting our Customer Service or by writing to the above address. You may receive further communications from us even after submitting your request, as some further communications may have already been planned, and our systems may take between 24 and 48 hours to process your request.
If you create an account on the Website, you may access and edit the following information via your account:
1. Personal Details: check and edit your personal details, email address and password
2. Orders: enter your Order Number to see the list of products you have ordered and information on their delivery status
3. Card wallet: store your credit card details
4. Address Book: store your address details to complete the order process quickly.
With your express consent, we may use the contact details you have provided for marketing communications regarding our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and on our offers and promotions, and for market research and surveys to determine your level of satisfaction and improve our services.
With your express consent, Latierra may personalize, in line with your interests, your experience and the content of commercial communications and the offers you will receive when you browse the Website as a registered user. This allows you to streamline the search for products and services of greatest interest to you and, at the same time, allows us to improve our offers to you. Such personalization is made possible by the analysis of your personal data in our possession, described in the paragraph ‘What personal data do we collect?’. In particular, information on purchases you have made in the past and those relating to the sections of the Website you visit most often or the services you use most often help us to understand which products and services are more interesting to you.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide to Latierra is accurate and up to date. To ensure that the information in our possession is correct and allows us to perform properly the activities described above, we invite you to access the section ‘My Profile’ of ‘My Account’ and, if you feel it is necessary, to update it.
The Website uses automatic systems of data collection, such as cookies and similar tracking devices. A cookie is a small data file that is transmitted to the hard drive of an Internet user’s computer, tablet, phone or other device. Cookies allow us to link an Internet user to personal information provided by such user through the Website. Cookies are disseminated by our or our service providers’ servers. Only Latierra (and its service providers) processes the information collected by the cookies on the Website, in order to optimize its services and the Website for the needs and preferences of its users.
We disseminate cookies in connection with functions such as browsing the Website, purchasing products and supplying “My Account” services.